Looking for tips to memorize Quran Faster? You’re in the right place. Not only will these tips help you learn Quran faster, but it will help you learn it better as well.
Every day, thousands and thousands of elders, youthful, and children learn the Holy Qur’an from all over the world.
Allah, the Almighty chose a group of Muslims and distinguished them with a great privilege.
This privilege is memorizing His words by heart, and thus raising their grades and status in life and the hereafter.
Umar bin Al-Khattab (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (Peace be Upon Him) said,
“Verily, Allah elevates some people with this Qur’an and abases others.” [Muslim].
The proficiency of the Muslim to read and recitation of the Qur’an is the basis in its memorization, and the Muslim’s desire to memorize the Ayaat of the Qur’an and commitment to those Ayaat is a part of the promise of the Almighty Allah_ preserve His Book until the Day of Resurrection as Allah says in the Ayah
“Indeed, it is We who sent down the Qur’an and indeed, We will be its guardian.” (Qur’an: Al Hijr- 9).
“إِنَّا نَحْنُ نَزَّلْنَا الذِّكْرَ وَإِنَّا لَهُ لَحَافِظُونَ”.
Anyone familiar with the records of Islamic scholars and imams notes that the first thing they started to learn from the kinds of science is to study the Qur’an and be able to memorize it, because it is the basis of other sciences, and from which derive the revealed law canons of Islam, and accordingly build the Islamic law Shari’ah.
The Imam al-Nawawi said that the Salaf (the righteous forefathers) did not teach the student of Islamic jurisprudence (Fiqh) and Hadith unless he mastered memorizing the Qur’an first.
One of the facts related to memorizing the Qur’an is that it is easy to remember because of its ease words and smooth style.
A piece of evidence is when Allah said,
“And We have indeed made the Qur’an easy to understand and remember: then is there any that will receive admonition?” (Qur’an: Al Qamar- 17).
“وَلَقَدْ يَسَّرْنَا الْقُرْآنَ لِلذِّكْرِ فَهَلْ مِن مُّدَّكِرٍ”
The blessings of memorizing Qur’an
- Supply the minds of the Qur’an keepers with what is useful to them, which is the words of God Almighty.
- The love of the Qur’an eases the violation to the parents, it’s a guarantee of integrity and guidance.
- It develops the Arabic and the articulation points of the letters as well as strengthens the memory.
- The Qur’an connects Muslims all over the world, teaches people how to deal with each other. Also, the Qur’an lovers are the best way to spread Qur’an and Islam.
- Hafez the Qur’an has the advantage to imamate in prayer over others, who do not memorize it. It likewise applies to others concerning the Emirate or the leadership if they can. The status of Hafez the Holy Qur’an in paradise highlights and rises, and he is a companion to the angels in their homes in paradise.
Tips help you to memorize Qur’an
- The devotion to Allah in the memorization of the Qur’an, and to seek Allah’s pleasure alone, neither for reputation nor hypocrisy. The aforementioned is the faithful guard to the eternal message of revelation that came down to the heart of the Messenger of Allah (Peace be upon him) and kept in the hearts and the lines.
- Preparing the Muslims to learn the Holy Qur’an psychologically, spiritually, and emotionally, by explaining the values of the Qur’an and making them understand that it is easy to study and memorize it.
- Correction of pronunciation: to read the Qur’an before memorizing to the sheiks and learn from them how to pronounce the correct Ayaat, especially places where there are similarities and the difficulties in the pronunciation.
- Determine the amount memorize as each person has a particular limit cannot exceed, and determine a particular amount of Ayaat is one of the most important methods to control memorization and sustain on completing it.
- The learner who wants to memorize Qur’an should not jump to a new part until learning the Ayaat he has memorizing before. Doing the before mentioned may confuse the learner and make him memorize little amounts.
- The learner should read and memorize Qur’an from one particular Mushaf (Book) since every book has its unique writing in its lines and colors, which considered a significant role in distracting the learner’s attention.
- The learner has to keep the connection between the Ayaat within the Surah because each Surah has multiple stories. So, the learner should not jump to memorize a part of the surah without connecting it with its previous part. This method makes the memorization process easier by understanding the full story and the wisdom behind it.
- Understanding the Ayaat is the most effective method for memorizing them; if the meaning and wisdom of the Ayaat are being recognized, then, it becomes easy to connect and remember them.
- Tafsir (Explanation) the Ayaat, understanding the reason for their revelation, the essence meanings behind them, and the meaning of some difficult words, which have specific connotations, are useful means to memorize the Ayaat faster.
- Focusing on similar positions: the learner should focus on some similar Ayaat in different surahs, he has to connect these Ayaat with what before and after them in each surah to make it easy for him to distinguish them.
- Competition with the Qur’an keepers: the learner should seek the fellowship of those who compete to learn and memorize the Qur’an as they are considered a major encouraging and enthusiastic factor.
- Take the opportunity of memorization years. Parents should strive to help their children learn Qur’an in their early years, which is more manageable for children to master and keeps in their minds. But the before saying does not mean that the elders could not memorize Qur’an as well considered as a more encouraging point for parents to start at an early age with their children.
- Praying behind an Imam, this Imam is considered a perfect model to encourage a Muslim to memorize the Holy Qur’an to reach his status.
- Keep on track: A Muslim should keep on reading daily what he memorized so it will be staying in his mind and heart.
- Proper time and place: the time and place are two critical factors in the memorization process not only with Qur’an but also in every learning process. The dawn is the perfect time for that because of the quietness, and the mind is concentrated and able to receive new information. The place should be comfortable with well-lit and sufficient ventilation. Masjed will be a perfect place, especially after al-Fajr prayer.
- Guide the learner to organize his schedule between the school study or work time and the Qur’an memorization time.
Methods to memorize Qur’an
- Finally, you have to repeat the whole surah to make sure you have memorized it well. Next, you could jump to the next Surah.
- First, if the Surah is long, read it many times_ 3 to 5 times_ from Qur’an, then divide it into shorter pieces according to its length and the connection of the Ayaat meanings, then start to memorize each part separately until mastering it. After that, you could go to the following piece. You have to connect the first two parts before moving to the next one. Finally, you have to repeat the whole surah to make sure you have memorized it well. Next, you could jump to the next Surah.
- Connect the Ayaat you read to understand them, especially on long surahs, since each surah might have a story or more grouped in some Ayaat within it. So, you have to connect those who belong to the same story and separate them from the others. Reading the surah from the Book many times ease the memorization because it prints in your subconscious, especially for those who have a photographic memory.
- If a surah contains a long Ayaat, the learner should separate it into lines, each line has to be with complete meaningful events. Memorize the first line, then go to the next one _start with the last word of the preceding line, and finally connect them.
- Listen to Qur’an from a recording; choose a reputable reader whom you like and feel warm with his voice. That will help you listen to reading with tajweed rules with a correct articulation of letters. Try to listen to the Surah you have been learned or the one you are still memorizing; consequently, you could keep it in your mind.
- Use technology, record your reading for what you have learned then listen to your recording, find the places you stuttered in, the places you pronounce to words or letters inaccurately, and the places which you have to medd the letters or stop on them, then try to find the best means to improve these issues. Repeat the process until you listen to a great reading without mistakes, such as when you listen to notable readers.
Come on. Dare to be that red poppy shining brightly in an ocean of grey content. Bring the light into your life. Start the first move, and you will find yourself capable of accomplishing much more than you have ever imagined.
Memorizing the Holy Qur’an is more manageable than some people thought.
Open your Mushaf and start with one of the short surahs at the end of the book, then you will find that you memorize smoothly, and you will be hungry to memorize the next one.
You will find comfort and relief in this life, and you will win the great victory_ Allah satisfaction and Paradise. It is the Almighty Allah’s promise when he said in the Ayah
“Verily this Qur’an doth guide to that which is most right (or stable), and giveth the Glad Tidings to the Believers who work deeds of righteousness, that they shall have a magnificent reward;” (Qur’an: Al Israa- 9).
“إِنَّ هَذَا الْقُرْآَنَ يَهْدِي لِلَّتِي هِيَ أَقْوَمُ وَيُبَشِّرُ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ الَّذِينَ يَعْمَلُونَ الصَّالِحَاتِ أَنَّ لَهُمْ أَجْرًا كَبِيرًا”
Learn more about our Quran Courses here.