Your Children’s Quran learning will be one of the most important things to help them grow into strong, successful, and faithful Muslims.
Our Prophet, Mohammed (Peace be upon him) said,
“The best amongst you is the one who learns the Qur’an and teaches it.”
Teaching children the Qur’an is not bounded to teaching them the provisions of the book and its teachings.
But is a revival of their souls, illumination of their minds, and lighten their insight.
Children’s Quran Learning is The Parents’ Responsibility
Every Muslim parent has the responsibility to teach his children the Qur’an.
He has to teach them the values of the Qur’an stories, help them to understand the wonders of the Qur’an, and realize how much the Qur’an is valuable for our lives.
Learning Qur’an for children is the best method for creating a conscious generation able to build an advanced society based on noble and lofty principles.
However, and even with this immense responsibility, learning the Qur’an for your kids is not as difficult as you thought.
It is a progressive process you can follow step by step accompanied by the stages of growing your children.
Wouldn’t you be wondering what the most suitable age for starting this journey is?
Ok, then, what if I told you that it starts from the day you know you will be a parent, from pregnancy try to make your child listen to the Qur’an.
So, the baby will be familiar with these sounds he/ she hears_ which is scientifically proven.
However, From the Islamic perspective, there is no specific age for a child to start learning the Qur’an, though the age of four seems appropriate for that.
As known, a child may differ from another in his mental ability and intellectual aptitude.
Some kids seem to mature before others mentally, thus sometimes, it is regarded that a child is similar to another in age, but the difference in their perceptions is immense.
Here are some useful steps for you as a parent to teach and guide your kids for learning the Qur’an;
- First of all, the mother’s diligence in hearing the Holy Qur’an and reciting it during pregnancy_
- Many specialized scientists have stated that the fetus in the mother’s abdomen is affected by her state of joy or anger.
- And also affected by what she listens to or read aloud.
- It is confirmed by some contemporary scholars that the mother who frequently hear the Qur’an while pregnant give birth to a child related to the Qur’an.
- Make sure you talk with your children and tell them about Allah Subhanahu-wa-tala, the importance of the Qur’an, and why we should keep his teachings.
- You cannot start reading the instructions without the children understanding who the Almighty Allah is.
- Show interest in the Holy Qur’an and recite the Ayaat of it aloud.
- Make sure that the children are around you and know what you are doing.
- That makes them emulate the actions of yours, and keen to follow you.
- Thich motivates them to be more appealing to learn and memorize it later.
- Don’t forget that you are a role model in your child’s life, and they will imitate everything you do.
- Read the Ayaat of the Qur’an aloud.
- This will help the children memorize some of the words you are reading.
- Give your child a Qur’an of his own.
- Human nature loves gifts and ownership and keens on it.
- If the parents managed this instinct, it would have a fabulous influence on his enthusiasm for recitation and memorizing the Holy Qur’an.
- Get the children to read an ayah from the Qur’an every day when he wakes up in the morning.
- Celebrate the achievements of your children related to the Qur’an.
- such as reciting a specific surah with the rules of tajweed well, for example, or memorizing a particular part of it.
- Thus, the Qur’an becomes for the child a reason for joy, accepting memorization, and reading with passion and enjoyment without the need for command or violence.
- Narrate some stories of the Qur’an for your children, the child loves to talk to his parents, and listen to them as they tell him some stories.
- Try to opt some stories of the Qur’an, linked with the reading of the Ayaat of the story, on the child’s hearing.
- This has numerous influences on his love of the Qur’an, his sense of equanimity with it, and his passion to learning.
- It is important here to choose these joyous and fascinating stories, in which the Almighty Allah promised Muslims and Muminoon with the Jannah (Paradise).
- So, he observes Islam from a promising prospect and because he is still very young for the execution Ayaat for those who opposed Allah’s commands.
- You can describe to him about a particular incident observed in the Qur’an.
- Connect the Holy Qur’an with what the children learn in their study, such as teaching them how to read and write from the Ayaat of the Qur’an.
- Guide your children to search for particular words in the Holy Qur’an, this will empower them to memorize these words quickly, such as asking for the meaning of the word (As-Samad) in surah Al-Ikhlas.
- Associate your children in attendance programs of the Holy Qur’an competitions prepared for children, so that they see children within their age memorize and recite the Qur’an and race in it.
- Encourage your children to participate in Quranic competitions wherever you find it appropriate.
To conclude, whatever method you chose or steps you selected to guide your children to learn the Holy Qur’an.
Make sure you do not force them to listen or read the Qur’an.
Therefore, if your children are doing something they do love, do not prevent them from it.
Try to arrange a specific time regularly, so the children will know that this time is devoted to reading the Qur’an.
If you forced them, you would notice that the children are not interested in what you are reading, and they will take much more time before absorbing the Ayaat of the Qur’an.
Remember always that our children are the reflection of ourselves; they represent our values, manners, and principles; therefore, try hard to put on them the best of you and the right teachings of the Almighty Allah.
Thankfully, now you or your kids can learn Quran online easily with courses and tutors without ever having to leave your home. It’s easier, more affordable, and better for you. You will get to learn more quickly and more easily. Learn more about our Quran Courses here.